Investing in Coaches
At Prime, we believe coaches are navigating unique and growing demands in today’s sport world. While all roles within an athletic team are important and stressful in their own way, we know that coaches have an incredible impact individual athletes, teams, and sporting organizations.
Too often, coaches sacrifice their health and well-being to keep pace with ever-increasing expectations. Examples of the detrimental effects of chronic stress on the coaching staff are becoming disturbingly common.
Consider your experiences. As a coach:
- Do you frequently feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day?
- Are you concerned about your health (physical or mental)?
- Are you experiencing sleep debts (less than 7 hours per night) or feeling fatigued?
- Does lack of sleep or high stress get in the way of being at your best?
- Have you worried about your team’s experience of or inability to respond proactively to stress?
- Do you wish you better could better understand how your lifestyle affects your health?
From youth sport to collegiate, professional, and the Olympic and National teams, Prime wants to help coaches understand the impact of their stress levels on their “performance.” Healthier coaches means more successful teams and better athletes. Emphasizing Coaches First gives us an opportunity to reverse the culture of burnout, poor decision making and negative experiences that can result when a coach is struggling.
Interested in an individual or coaching staff assessment and workshop? Contact us today!